Note: All Symantec SSL now come in SAN (multi-domain) versions of up to 4 domains.
If you just want the regular certificate, please leave SAN option as "0."
A Symantec Wildcard SSL Certificate is quite a convenient solution, it allows SSL encryption on multiple sub-domains using a single certificate, only of course if these domains are controlled/owned by the same company and are sharing the same base domain name. For example, a wildcard certificate issued to Company XYZ using the Common Name ("*.CompanyXYZ.com") may be used to secure the following domains:
This premium wildcard solution from Symantec (formerly VeriSign) can save you money, hassles and more importantly your time while still delivering the utmost security and trust the web can provide. Buy the most recognized & trusted wildcard SSL certificate on the market now and simply make your SSL management easier.
Symantec Wildcard SSLs are a common high-level standard of security across all types of configurations that is better achieved when you do not have to share or copy certificates among multiple servers. Wildcard certificates are extremely convenient and can be extremely cost-effective; however some limitations do exist and we thought we would share them with you:
- If for whatever reason, your wildcard certificate must be revoked, all of your sub-domains will also need a new certificate.
- Sometimes wildcard certificates do not work perfectly with some older server-client configurations. Not typical, but still exists.
- Unfortunately, Symantec Wildcard SSL Certificates are not currently covered under Symantec's NetSure® Protection Plan.
- Secure unlimited sub domains & host-names
- Issued within 1-10 working days
- Complete Business and Domain Validation certificate
- Shows Domain name/hostname along with Organization name in URL
- Encryption Strength of up to 256-bit
- 99.9% web and mobile browser compatibility
- Single Server – Additional server licenses may be purchased
- Unlimited reissuance for the lifespan of the certificate
- $500,000 Warranty
- Norton™ Secured Site Seal
Features & Benefits:
Secure Site certificates offer you:
- Secure UNLIMITED Sub Domains with Single Certificate
- Business Validated Wildcard SSL Certificate
- Up to 256-bit encryption
- Supports 2 encryption algorithms, RSA and DSA
- Norton Secured Seal
- Daily website malware scanning
- Free 24/7 support
- Fully Owned Roots (not chained)
- FREE lifetime, self-service reissues
- Includes a True Site identity assurance Smart Seal - embedded organization name /date/time stamp
- Compatible with 99.9% of all web and mobile browsers
- Issued In 1-2 days
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- $500,000 Warranty
A Symantec Wildcard SSL Certificate is compatible with following browsers:
Supported Mobile Device Browsers
- Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer
- Palm / Handspring Blazer 2.0+
- Netfront 3.0+
Symantec™ needs to receive validation of your business registration using one of the choices below.
All documentation must be current, and show an official filing date of recording
Acceptable Proof of Right (Business Registration)
Tax licenses (US customers only)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License
- Certificate of Formation
- Doing Business As (DBA) License
- Registration of Trade Name or Assumed Name
- Charter Documents
- Partnership Papers
- Symantec™ does not accept Federally-issued tax licenses as valid Proof of Right.
- Symantec™ accepts most State issued tax licenses as valid Proof of Right.