Note: All Symantec SSL now come in SAN (multi-domain) versions of up to 4 domains.
If you just want the regular certificate, please leave SAN option as “0.”
A Symantec Wildcard SSL Certificate is quite a convenient solution, it allows SSL encryption on multiple sub-domains using a single certificate, only of course if these domains are controlled/owned by the same company and are sharing the same base domain name. For example, a wildcard certificate issued to Company XYZ using the Common Name ("*.CompanyXYZ.com") may be used to secure the following domains:
This premium wildcard solution from Symantec (formerly VeriSign) can save you money, hassles and more importantly your time while still delivering the utmost security and trust the web can provide. Buy the most recognized & trusted wildcard SSL certificate on the market now and simply make your SSL management easier.
Symantec Wildcard SSLs are a common high-level standard of security across all types of configurations that is better achieved when you do not have to share or copy certificates among multiple servers. Wildcard certificates are extremely convenient and can be extremely cost-effective; however some limitations do exist and we thought we would share them with you:
- If for whatever reason, your wildcard certificate must be revoked, all of your sub-domains will also need a new certificate.
- Sometimes wildcard certificates do not work perfectly with some older server-client configurations. Not typical, but still exists.
- Unfortunately, Symantec Wildcard SSL Certificates are not currently covered under Symantec's NetSure® Protection Plan.
Notification Level in Browsers
Unlimited sub domains on a single Domain Name
Business and Domain Validation
Domain Name & Business Name Shown on Certificate
Up to 256-bit
99.9% (basically all browsers)
FREE self-service reissues during validity period
Features & Benefits:
Secure Site certificates offer you:
- Secure multiple sites on multiple servers.
- Full business validation
- Enables 256-bit encryption
- FREE lifetime, self-service reissues
- Includes a True Site identity assurance Smart Seal - embedded organization name /date/time stamp
- Compatible with 99.9%+ of all browsers
- Unlimited Server Licenses at no extra cost + Secure www & non-www domains
- AICPA Web Trust compliant
- Optional - Installation Support Available!
- $500,000 Warranty
A Symantec Wildcard SSL Certificate is compatible with following browsers:
Supported Mobile Device Browsers
- Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer
- Palm / Handspring Blazer 2.0+
- Netfront 3.0+
Symantec™ needs to receive validation of your business registration using one of
the choices below.
All documentation must be current, and show an official filing date of recording
Acceptable Proof of Right (Business Registration)
Tax licenses (US customers only)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License
- Certificate of Formation
- Doing Business As (DBA) License
- Registration of Trade Name or Assumed Name
- Charter Documents
- Partnership Papers
- Symantec™ does not accept Federally-issued tax licenses as valid Proof of Right.
- Symantec™ accepts most State issued tax licenses as valid Proof of Right.